Saturday, June 30, 2018

PTSD Patrol Road Crew Hitting the Road to Healing!

PTSD ROAD CREW CLEARING THE WAY
PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
June 30, 2018
You can follow the road to hope!

The concept of PTSD Patrol
Everyone can understand the vehicle they drive without knowing how it all works. Too many do not understand the vehicle they live in (our body) and even less understand how it works. We need to know how to drive it so we can get to where we want to be.

The concept is about taking control of your life from this moment onward. It is all drive related so you can drive your life from hopelessness into hopefulness. Much like trying to get from one place to another on an empty tank of gas, into a full tank that will get you where you want to be.

The goal is to change the conversation into what all survivors of trauma need to hear. They can take control of their lives again! After all, I did!



Nothing is impossible!


ScoutPreacher: Me. Others mapped out and road, smoothed the surface and paved it before I even knew what Post Traumatic Stress Disorder was. I have been up and down on this roadway for 36 years now. Many came afterwards, but I learned from the pioneers so I could lead my husband out of the darkness and be able to co-drive our future.

One early morning at work, waiting for the coffee to brew, (I get in a little after 5 am) I was sitting outside when it was about 70 degrees here in Florida, but was snowing back in New England. I thought about how my husband used to go out ahead of everyone else to plow the streets.

Then I thought about how no one goes anywhere without someone clearing the way first. My friend Kimberley Lewis and I were trying to come up with a logo for this site, but had not been content with anything until I told her I wanted a plow.

After all, I'd been clearing the way for a very long time. This is Kimberley Lewis and the design she worked very hard on.
This is not about me making any money at all on this! After all these years, I have proven that it does not cost much money at all to change a life. It takes knowledge, training, time and compassion.

PTSD Patrol Empowerment Zone videos
The veterans you see in the videos and friends who care enough to get hope in to help, deserve a lot of credit. I can tell you first hand how much courage it takes to be on that side of the camera! To be able to talk about what they went through, requires even more. The T-shirt is a way to thank them for those efforts and they should not have to pay for them.

They are the road crew! You can be on it too.

ROAD CREW
Want to do a video? If you are local, I can film it for you. If you want to do it on your cellphone, that is OK too. Just send me the link and I'll add it to the Facebook PTSD Patrol or this site if you do it on YouTube or Vimeo. 
REQUIRED: Has to be empowering, inspirational and related to something you drive, car, motorcycle, truck, fire engine, police car and yes, even plows! No doom and gloom on these since the goal is to fill them up with hope.

One friend told me that her son stole her shirt and was wearing it out when someone in a group asked him about the shirt. When he explained what it was all about, the person told him that he is a veteran and they talked. Yep! The veteran talked about what he was going through.

If you want to just do that, then, you get a shirt and my business cards so that you do not need to struggle with more than you can do. Have them contact me and I can explain more or find someone in their area to help them.

If you want to just wear this, then that is fine too. It is also OK if you just want to donate and then you are giving 2~

You do not have to be a veteran or family member. This is for everyone who has survived something that could have killed them or someone who is grieving for someone they loved.

This is a BOGO deal! Buy one, give one! I have them priced at $25. That covers you getting a T-shirt, giving one and being able to mail out what I have to.

If you want to change the outcome we have to change what we put into it!

Best way to donate is to send checks to Point Man, PO Box 196992 Winter Springs FL 32719 and take the tax deduction. Just let me know what you want and if you want a shirt, what size. 

Email me and I'll let you know other ways. woundedtimes@aol.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it