Sunday, June 30, 2019

Why on earth do we save stuff we do not need

Working to make a difference for them... or yourself?

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
June 30, 2019

Why on earth do we save stuff we do not need to hang onto?


That is something that I have been dealing with for a last few months. We are getting ready to move as soon as our house sells.

It has been a lesson on deciding what is really important and what is just something you hang onto.

I have been going through the cabinets under our sinks, finding half opened bottles of stuff that didn't work. What got me was there were several of the same products...which meant I didn't learn the time before THAT DID NOT WORK. In other words, wasted time and money. What made me frustrated with myself was the fact instead of tossing it out right away, I wasted space saving it. What was I thinking?

Oh, thats right. I wasn't thinking...I was just doing.

Humans do that all the time especially with memories we do not need to hang onto. Nuisance residue clogging up the roadway between where we are and where we want to go.

Sit down with a piece of paper and write down what you remember about certain events that caused PTSD. What do you need to remember that is helpful? What should you forget that is hurtful?


#BreakTheSilence and #TakeBackYourLife

If it is helpful, save it. If it is hurtful, make peace with it and then get rid of it. Stop carrying it around with you. 

Much like the lesson I have been learning this time. If it isn't worth paying to move from here to wherever we go, then it isn't worth saving now. It is taking up room that new and improved thoughts could move into!

(you'll understand the title when you listen to this video)

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it