Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Finding miracles in Wounded Times

Inspirational reminders of miracles


PTSD Patrol
Stories from Wounded Times
Kathie Costos
May 13, 2020

With all the bad news in this country because of COVID-19, it is easy to become depressed.  Social media has been spreading the bad news, division along with outright lies. Hopelessness follows. 

But within the pages of friends sharing thoughts, there are messages of hope, love, humor, inspiration and miracles. Hope is fueled.

I take more comfort knowing there are people out there trying to make our days better than they would have been, than those constantly focusing on the negative.

A couple of days ago, I started searching the web for stories on miracles for a book I was planning on writing. In all honesty, I was searching to help my own mood as well.

Then it dawned on me that out of over 32,000 posts on Wounded Times, there is a treasure trove of miracles intended to fuel hope.

I opted to drop the book idea and decided to put the posts up here until I run out of them. Judging by the ones already discovered, that should take a long time to happen.

I am always being reminded that my work is saving more lives than I will ever know. I do believe that and it gives me hope that my work does mean something, even if people forget about where the good news came from, they do not forget the feeling they received.


Most people know that Jesus sent out 12 Disciples. They were average men who ended up working miracles.
1. Simon (who is called Peter) 2. Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother 3. James, son of Zebedee 4. John, James’ brother 5. Philip 6. Bartholomew 7. Thomas 8. Matthew, the tax collector 9. James, son of Alphaeus 10. Thaddaeus 11. Simon the Zealot 12. Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Jesus.

But few know that Jesus also sent out 72 others.
Jesus Sends Out the Seventy-Two
10 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two[a] others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. 2 He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. Luke 10

And when they returned to Jesus,
17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.”

18 He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20 However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”

While what they did changed the world one life at a time, no one knows their names. Those 72 did not do it for fame, but for the Glory of the Lord!


Each one of us has the power to change a life by spreading lies and bad news, as well as spread hope and love. It is up to us which way we choose to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it