Monday, November 16, 2020

PTSD Patrol The Voice

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
November 16, 2020

I was reading that more veterans committed suicide and I had to shut down the computer, and walk away. I just couldn't stand it. How can all this still be happening? It is because for all the people out there,like me, for years with the knowledge and experience are not involved in anything they are doing. The people doing the planning are not interested in what works. 

VA PREVENTS
The plan focuses on improved research into veteran suicide, increased suicide-prevention training and new partnerships between government agencies and outside organizations. Some veterans groups and lawmakers have criticized the plan for not being bold enough.

Sherman Gillums, chief advocacy officer for AMVETS, said the impact of PREVENTS so far “hasn’t lived up to expectation.”

“The roadmap for preventing suicide at all levels remains in the abstract, with no real practical application,” he said.

Despite efforts in Washington and continued boosts to VA funding, the rates of veteran suicide have shown no sign of slowing. Between 2005 and 2017, 78,875 veterans took their own lives — more than the number of Americans killed in each major conflict except for World War II and the Civil War.

Anyway, it made me think about a friend of mine who told me one day, he came close to committing suicide the night before. When I asked him why he didn't call me, he said he didn't have to. My voice was already in his head.

What are the voices in your head? Are they filling you with doubts and making you feel worse or are they filling you up with hope and making you feel better?

Today the feature video is Celtic Women The Voice.

Remember it is your life....get in and drive! #BreakTheSilence and #TakeBackYourLife from #PTSD


I hear your voice on the wind
And I here you call out my name
"Listen my child, " you say to me
"I am the voice of your history
Be not afraid, come follow me
Answer my call and I'll set you free"
I am the voice in the wind and the pouring rain
I am the voice of your hunger and pain
I am the voice that always is calling you
I am the voice, I will remain
I am the voice in the fields when the summer's gone
The dance of the leaves when the autumn winds blow
Ne'er do I sleep throughout all the cold winter long
I am the force that in springtime will grow
I am the voice of the past that will always be
Filled with my sorrow and blood in my fields
I am the voice of the future
Bring me your peace
Bring me your peace and my wounds, they will heal
I am the voice in the wind and the pouring rain
I am the voice of your hunger and pain
I am the voice that always is calling you
I am the voice
I am the voice in the past that will always be
I am the voice of your hunger and pain
I am the voice of the future
I am the voice
I am the voice
I am the voice
I am the voice

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Brendan Graham
The Voice lyrics © Peermusic Publishing 

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it