Friday, June 25, 2021

trauma in the night

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
June 25, 2021

Right now, most people are talking about the missing in Surfside Florida. The ten year old boy rescued has just discovered his mother is one of the people who died. First Surfside condo collapse victim identified as Stacie Fang, mother of rescued boy reported by the Miami Herald.

SURVIVORS RECOUNT HARROWING ESCAPE FROM COLLAPSED CONDO
1 p.m.: Alfredo and Marian Lopez were sound asleep around 1:30 a.m. Thursday when they heard the first boom, like a crash of thunder from a Florida squall. Only louder.

“I woke up and thought we’re just having a bad thunderstorm,” Alfredo, 61, later told the Miami Herald. The noise jolted him from sleep in his sixth-floor apartment at the northwest corner of Champlain Towers South in Surfside.

So did Bruno Treptow, 62, who was sleeping in his unit exactly two floors above, in the same corner of the 40-year-old, 12-story condo tower. (read more on above link)


If you survived, or still searching for one of the 159 still missing, now is the time to get help.
If you think you need to stay strong for everyone else, you are partially correct. The only way to do that is to open up and ask for help now, so that you can be a strong example of what to do. If you are thinking that you need to hold in your emotions, then they will begin to take over until they have so much power over you, that PTSD will most likely take hold too.

Right now you can break the chain from trauma to suffering a life altering change. Surviving a traumatic event like this was hard enough. Don't make it harder than it should be.

Chaplains and crisis intervention teams have already been deployed. Turn to them. Turn to each other and lean on one another. Give and receive strength together.

Not Alone
RED

Slowly fading away
You're lost and so afraid
Where is the hope in a world so cold?
Looking for a distant light
Someone who can save a life
Living in fear that no one will hear your cry
(Can you save me now?)
I am with you
I will carry you through it all
I won't leave you, I will catch you
When you feel like letting go
'Cause you're not, you're not alone
Your heart is full of broken dreams
Just a fading memory
And everything's gone but the pain carries on
Lost in the rain again
When will it ever end?
The arms of relief seem so out of reach
But I, I am here
I am with you
I will carry you through it all
I won't leave you, I will catch you
When you feel like letting go
'Cause you're not, you're not alone
And I will be your hope when you feel like it's over
And I will pick you up when your whole world shatters
And when you're finally in my arms
You'll look up and see, love has a face
I am with you
I will carry you through it all
I won't leave you, I will catch you
When you feel like letting go
'Cause you're not, you're not alone
And I will be your hope (you're not alone)
And I will pick you up
And I will be your hope
And I will be your hope
Slowly fading away
You're lost and so afraid
Where is the hope in a world so cold?

Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Jasen Rauch / Mark L Holman / Robert Douglas Iii Graves
Not Alone lyrics © Emi Blackwood Music Inc., Logansong Music

Wednesday night the people living in the Champlain Towers, Surfside Florida, went to sleep with plans for the next day. Early Thursday morning, that was all destroyed. As of Friday morning, there were 4 dead and 159 remain missing.

Now is the time to reach out for help because the days will be harder for a while. Chaplains have been deployed there and they are trained to help you.

If you are thinking you need to be strong to help others, then let that motivate you to be an example by asking for help because you need it. That will allow them to feel free to ask for it too. #BreakTheSilence

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it