Sunday, July 29, 2018

PTSD Patrol : Family Road Trip

PTSD Patrol Family Road Trip
PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
July 29, 2018

Yesterday it was raining when I was getting ready to do the video for today. A song popped into my head and I could not get it to stop playing in my mind. 

Melissa Manchester "Come In From The Rain" is about coming home from a journey and returning to someone who loves them.

I used that song a long time ago because it is what it is like when you come back home to your family.

When you listen to the lyrics, you'll know what I mean. We do not know what you have packed in your memories. We just know you are still packing pain. 

We don't know if it is because you do not love us anymore, or we did something wrong, or anything else that caused what is going on with you. All we can do is guess unless you tell us.

Do not leave your family wondering, because they will only blame themselves. The deployment trip was your journey without them but healing from it, is a family road trip.

Stop concealing what you are trying to hide and include them in on this ride so you can #TakeBackYourLife!

There is another song by Melissa Manchester "Just You And I" that also says a lot about what could go on when you do not choose to fight this alone.
Just You And I
Melissa Manchester
When your heroes go up in a puff,
And there's not enough to hang on to
And the ones you would count on to call
They all fall down all around you
Then you've got to believe there's more
It is the reason we're put here for
It's just you and I
When the legend's over - and we have just begun
We can look to each other to see us through
Just you and I
When a miracle's long overdue
And there's no one who's gonna come to guide you
So you keep looking up to the sky - wondering why
The clouds won't hide you
At the times when you're most afraid
That is the reason why dreams are made
It's just you and I
When the legend's over - and we have just begun
We can look to each other to see us through
Just you and I
Songwriters: Carole Bayer Sager / Melissa Manchester / Melissa Toni Manchester Just You And I lyrics © BMG Rights Management

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it