Tuesday, March 9, 2021

healing with a smile on your face

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
March 9, 2021

What is life like when you are healing? BEAUTIFUL! If you know anything about me, you know there are a lot of things that really should make my life suck...but it doesn't. I am usually happy, no matter what crap comes my way. 

For example, today I should have gotten up out of bed in a very bad mood. I fell asleep later than normal and woke up earlier than normal. I was tired but in a good mood. I did my usual stuff, got online and shared some things that were uplifting because when I saw them, they made me feel good inside. I hoped they would make my friends feel better since most of them are going through hard times too.

If you have peace, you are half way there to happiness. If you've already arrived at happiness, then that does not mean you'll always be cheerful but it will take a hell of a lot to get you angry. It also means, you'll get over it faster than you did before.

It is an odd thing when you survived your life being on the line, how deal with stress changes after you start healing. It is almost as if you have a whole new level of what you consider important and what you find not worth getting your blood pressure up for. Don't get me wrong, because I am always confessing that I have a bad temper but have learned to control it. It is a lot of work, but I am happier without exploding.

You've got to get up every morning
With a smile in your face
And show the world all the love in your heart
Then people gonna treat you better
You're gonna find, yes you will
That you're beautiful, as you feel

That is why today the featured video is Carole King, Beautiful! I like being happy and I like helping others to feel better about their day too. Most of the time they appreciate it. Sometimes there are cranky people who love being miserable and making everyone else miserable too. Don't let them get you down because while you feel better helping others feel good, they only feel better about making others feel worse.


Remember, it is your life...get in and drive it~
#BreakTheSilence and #TakeBackYourLife from #PTSD

Beautiful
Carole King 

You've got to get up every morning
With a smile in your face
And show the world all the love in your heart
Then people gonna treat you better
You're gonna find, yes you will
That you're beautiful, as you feel
Waiting at the station with a workday wind a-blowing
I've got nothing to do but watch the passers-by
Mirrored in their faces I see frustration growing
And they don't see it showing, why do I?
You've got to get up every morning
With a smile in your face
And show the world all the love in your heart
Then people gonna treat you better
You're gonna find, yes you will
That you're beautiful as you feel
I have often asked myself the reason for sadness
In a world where tears are just a lullaby
If there's any answer, maybe love can end the madness
Maybe not, oh, but we can only try
You've got to get up every morning
With a smile in your face
And show the world all the love in your heart
Then people gonna treat you better
You're gonna find, yes you will
That you're beautiful
You're beautiful
You're beautiful as you feel

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Carole King
Beautiful lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC 

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it