Friday, December 18, 2020

In You I find my worth

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
December 18 2020

There are so many things that get left off the list of things to think about during Christmas. Something always gets left off the list. Wrapping gifts, but forgot to buy tags. Wrote out the Christmas cards, but forgot to buy stamps. Buy toys for the kids but since most of them are electronic, they do no good unless you remembered to buy batteries. 

You may plan the meal out perfectly but if you left something off the grocery list, the chances are, you'll have to order take out. 

Things that started out with good intentions, can end up causing problems. So many things can happen to "ruin" Christmas in normal years, but this year is not a "normal" one for anyone.

The question is, how can not buying something ruin a day to honor a gift that was given in love and free to all who wanted it?

This is supposed to be about honoring the gift from God when He gave the world His Son. The Son Who came to tell the people they were loved and worthy of the Life brought to them.

Oh sure, Christ's life was sent to be sacrificed for all of us, but the life He lived between that day in Bethlehem and the day in Golgotha, He gave the gifts of love, compassion, mercy, forgiveness and hope. He was the Son of God, but even He asked for help to fulfill His mission. He was homeless as He traveled from town to town giving the people the Good News and healing the sick. 

From the Bible we know there is nothing that He did not encounter the rest of us live with, including being betrayed, abandoned and abused. He knew what it was like to go hungry too. Christ also knew what it was like to not have everything needed to celebrate a wedding when they ran out of wine, so His first public miracle was turning water into wine. He also knew what it was like to cry.

So why is it that when we run out of faith, and gifts given to us, we never seem appreciate them because we failed to plan on needing them?

Life is hard enough but we make it harder when something that was given to us is put into a a box that is taken out a couple of times a year but collects dust the rest of it. It is a living gift that needs to be fed but we end up letting it go hungry, then wonder why it died.

Time to put this gift on your list so that you can heal your soul and ease your heart. The greatest gifts are not the ones you buy, but the ones you create and appreciate.

What you need to heal PTSD, is there. What you need to be happier, is there. What you need to be a gift to those you love is there. All you have to do is open it up and be open to what you can gain by the greatest Gift the world has ever known.
Remember, it is your life...get in and drive it!

#BreakTheSilence and #TakeBackYourLife from #PTSD


You Say
Song by Lauren Daigle

I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I'm not enough
Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up
Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low?
Remind me once again just who I am, because I need to know, ooh oh
You say I am loved when I can't feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
And You say I am held when I am falling short
And when I don't belong, oh, You say I am Yours
And I believe (I), oh, I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
I believe
The only thing that matters now is everything You think of me
In You I find my worth, in You I find my identity, ooh oh
You say I am loved when I can't feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
And You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don't belong, oh, You say I am Yours
And I believe (I), oh, I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
Oh, I believe
Taking all I have and now I'm layin' it at Your feet
You'll have every failure God, You'll have every victory, ooh oh
You say I am loved when I can't feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don't belong, oh, You say I am Yours
And I believe (I), oh, I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
I believe
Oh, I believe (I), yes, I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
I believe (oh)

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Jason Ingram / Lauren Daigle / Paul Brendon Mabury
You Say lyrics © Essential Music Publishing 

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it