Monday, December 28, 2020

Still standing and being happy about it

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
December 28, 2020

"Looking like a true survivor" means you are happy you did. So why don't you seem happy about it?  The only way to get PTSD is to know what it is like to be a survivor of whatever caused it. The question is, when do you become happy about it?

Is if because someone told you that you are supposed to be miserable? That you are supposed to live in a pit of despair? Time to pick up the pieces of your life without what they said on your mind. They are wrong!

If you haven't guessed it by now, the feature video is Elton John, I'm Still Standing. If you saw the movie Rocketman you know he didn't have an easy life. The thing is, he didn't give up because it wasn't easy. Healing PTSD isn't easy but you can do it. You can change your life for the better if you believe it is possible and work at it.

I love the part of the song with "feeling like a little kid." Kids have wild imaginations, where anything is possible to be true. Watch them play with toys or stuffed animals, pretending they are alive. When we grow up, we lose that sense of wonderment and then imagination dies. Healing makes you feel like a little kid again because the possibilities are only limited by how much you want to fight for it to become reality.

There is not one single person I talked to over all these years, who didn't want to be happy again. Unfortunately they didn't want to work at it. Those who did, did it on their own. All I did was guide them so they could do all the work. They are "still standing after all this time" and better than ever.

Find what works for you and you can be a happy survivor too!

Remember, it is your life...get in and drive it!

#BreakTheSilence and #TakeBackYourLife from #PTSD



I'm Still Standing
Elton John

You could never know what it's like
Your blood like winter freezes just like ice
And there's a cold lonely light that shines from you
You'll wind up like the wreck you hide behind that mask you use
And did you think this fool could never win?
Well look at me, I'm coming back again
I got a taste of love in a simple way
And if you need to know while I'm still standing, you just fade away
Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind
I'm still standing (Yeah, yeah, yeah)
I'm still standing (Yeah, yeah, yeah)
Once I never could have hoped to win
You're starting down the road leaving me again
The threats you made were meant to cut me down
And if our love was just a circus, you'd be a clown by now
You know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind
I'm still standing (Yeah, yeah, yeah)
I'm still standing (Yeah, yeah, yeah)
Don't you know that I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind
I'm still standing (Yeah, yeah, yeah)...

Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Elton John / Bernie Taupin
I'm Still Standing lyrics © Hst Publishing Ltd., Rouge Booze, Inc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it