Sunday, September 20, 2020

PTSD Patrol "But the fighter still remains"

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
September 20, 2020

(Still sick so no video from me today....but you probably need a break from seeing me.)

Simon and Garfunkel THE BOXER is an iconic song of survival! "In the clearing stands a boxer, And a fighter by his trade, And he carries the reminders, Of every glove that laid him down, Or cut him 'til he cried out, In his anger and his shame, 'I am leaving, I am leaving,' But the fighter still remains"
If you have PTSD, then you are a fighter too, not by "trade" or by choice, but by will to live. To not give into something because fighting it is hard. You fight a good match but sometimes you need a tag team to take this opponent on. The thing is, no one ever won anything by themselves. No wars were ever fought by one person. No discoveries were ever made by one person with no one to help them or support them. Inspirations never came from thin air. 

Having a team to help you does not mean they have to have all the answers or even know how to find them. It means they do the best they can to help you learn what you need to, find what you are searching for, and stand by you until the fighter that still remains is strong enough to take on this match too!

#BreakTheSilence and #TakeBackYourLife from #PTSD

The Boxer
I am just a poor boy
Though my story's seldom told
I have squandered my resistance
For a pocket full of mumbles
Such are promises
All lies and jests
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
When I left my home and my family
I was no more than a boy
In the company of strangers
In the quiet of the railway station
Running scared
Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters
Where the ragged people go
Looking for the places
Only they would know
Lie la lie, lie la la la lie la lie, lie la lie
Lie la la la lie la lie, la la la la lie
Asking only workman's wages
I come looking for a job
But I get no offers
Just a come-on from the whores
On Seventh Avenue
I do declare
There were times when I was so lonesome
I took some comfort there
La la la la la la la
Lie la lie, lie la la la lie la lie, lie la lie
Lie la la la lie la lie, la la la la lie
Then I'm laying out my winter clothes
And wishing I was gone
Going home
Where the New York City winters
Aren't bleeding me
Leading me
Going home
In the clearing stands a boxer
And a fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders
Of every glove that laid him down
Or cut him 'til he cried out
In his anger and his shame
"I am leaving, I am leaving"
But the fighter still remains
Lie la lie, lie la la la lie la lie, lie la lie....... 

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Paul Simon
The Boxer lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group 

James Taylor and Alison Krauss pay tribute to Paul Simon at the 2002 Kennedy Centre Honours tribute to Paul Simon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it