Friday, September 4, 2020

PTSD Patrol Now and Forever

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
September 4, 2020 

Today's featured video is Carole King Now and Forever. If you lost someone, it can feel like this for you now...

Now and forever
you are a part of me
And the memory cuts like a knife

But a day will come when you think about them with warm memories instead of grieving. 



At least 187,000 Americans have lost their lives to COVID-19 since March. That is a lot of people to lose and many more are fighting for their lives in hospitals around the country.

Losing someone is traumatic, so this is for those who have suffered losing someone they cared about...you did not lose them if you keep them with you, in your heart.

Everything changes when they are gone and you miss them. I still miss hearing my Mom say at the end of our daily phone calls, "top priority" to remind me to just pick my battles and not try to take on the world. I miss my Dad sneezing saying "whisky" usually followed by a loud burb of "yep" which made everyone laugh. I miss my brothers and teasing on another. I miss my aunts and uncles, cousins and family get togethers. I miss a lot of friends who are no longer alive....but they are all still with me.

I miss seeing people and hugging them...social distancing is a terrible thing for a hugger to go through...so I try to do it online to let them know I'm still here for them.

If you lost someone, this is for you!




Lyrics
Now and forever
you are a part of me
And the memory cuts like a knife
Didn't we find the ecstasy
Didn't we share the daylight
When you walked into my life
Now and forever
I'll remember all the promises still unbroken
And think about all the words between us
That never needed to be spoken
We had a moment
Just one moment
That will last beyond a dream,
Beyond a lifetime
We are the lucky ones
Some people never get to do
All we got to do
Now and forever
I will always think of you
Didn't we come together
Didn't we live together
Didn't we cry together
Didn't we play together
Didn't we love together
And together we lit up the world
I miss the tears
I miss the laughter
I miss the day we met
and all that followed after
Sometimes I wish I
could always be with you
The way we used to do
Now and forever
I will always think of you
Now and forever
I will always be with you
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Carole King / Carole Bayer Sager / Kenny Babyface Edmonds
Now and Forever lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group 

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it