Wednesday, September 16, 2020

PTSD Patrol Coming Out Of The Dark

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
September 16, 2020

Today's featured video is Gloria Estefan Coming Out of the Dark...which is exactly what healing #PTSD is like. You may be afraid of the changes you went through after surviving but healing does not have to something to be afraid of if you are not alone. Like the lyrics say, "Why be afraid if I'm not alone...life is never easy. The rest is unknown." #BreakTheSilence and #TakeBackYourLife from PTSD


Why be afraid if I'm not alone
Though life is never easy the rest is unknown
Up to now for me it's been hands against stone
Spent each and every moment
Searching for what to believe
Coming out of the dark, I finally see the light now
It's shining on me
Coming out of the dark I know the love that saved me
You're sharing with me
Starting again is part of the plan
And I'll be so much stronger holding your hand
Step by step I'll make it through I know I can
It may not make it easier but I have felt you
Near all the way
Coming out of the dark, I finally see the light now And it's shining on me (I see the light, I see the light)
See the light (I see the light)
Coming out of the dark I know the love that saved me
You're sharing with me
I stand on the rock of your love
(Forever and ever)
Can't nobody stop me from watching
(Forever, and ever) I stand on the rock of your love
Love is all it takes, no matter what we face
coming out of the dark
I see the light, I feel love shinning on me (shining, shining)
Shining on me
Coming out of the dark I know the love that saved me
You're sharing, you're sharing with me, sharing with me, sharing with me
Coming out of the dark
Making it into the light
Your love shining on me, shining on me, shining on me
Coming out of the dark
I see the light, I see the light (I see the light)
Shining, shining, shining on me
(Shining, shining)
Coming out of the dark
I see the light now
Yes I see the light (shining, shining)

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Gloria M. Estefan / Emilio Jr. Estefan / Jon Secada
Coming Out of the Dark lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group, Foreign Imported Productions & Publishing


I used this song back in 2006 when I started doing videos for veterans.
Why be afraid if you're not alone? Life is never easy, the rest is unknown. The song is by Gloria Estefan and the first time I heard it, all I could think about were the Vietnam veterans I spent so much time with including my husband. You are not alone fighting to heal PTSD just as you were not alone during combat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it