Monday, September 7, 2020

PTSD Patrol The Journey Home

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
September 7, 2020

When you hear the expression, "You can't go home again," what does that mean to you? To me, it means that you cannot go back to what you knew before, because nothing stays the same.

There are times I wish I could go back and talk to a younger me to give me comfort and assurance that everything was going to be OK, but I took "her" with me instead.

How comforting would that be if you could go back to let yourself know that whenever you were hurt or afraid, that by some miracle, a future you could show up and explain that?

Well, you are able to do that right now. Not for yourself, but for others on their own journey toward a happier life. You are the "older" them because you were where they are and can give them comfort that the "wheel in the sky keeps turning" and the unknown doesn't have to be as scary as they think it is.
You remember what that was like but now you know what it is like to #BreakTheSilence and #TakeBackYourLife from #PTSD

Wheel In The Sky
Journey 
Winter is here again, oh lord
Haven't been home in a year or more
I hope she holds on a little longer
Sent a letter on a long summer day
Made of silver, not of clay
Ooh, I've been running down this dusty road 
Ooh, the wheel in the sky keeps on turning
I don't know where I'll be tomorrow
Wheel in the sky keeps on turning 
I've been trying to make it home
Got to make it before too long
Ooh, I can't take this very much longer, no
I'm standing in the sleet and rain
Don't think I'm ever gonna make it home again
The morning sun is rising
It's kissing the day 
Ooh, the wheel in the sky keeps on turning
I don't know where I'll be tomorrow
Wheel in the sky keeps on turning
Whoa, whoa, whoa
My, my, my, my, my
For Tomorrow 

Genius Lyrics 

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it