Thursday, February 4, 2021

whatever I'm going through, others did too

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
February 4, 2021

Last night was one of "those nights" when is was sad. I had a long talk with God and asked for the strength and courage to keep going, doing what I've done all these years. I asked to be able to forgive the people He sent to help me, but ended up just using me and walking away. (You know the feeling...like you just don't matter enough...not good enough...not worth helping.)

Because people don't measure success by what you do, all that matters to them is what you get out of it. Like money and fame. If you don't get paid with something they can see, well then, you are worthless to them. It is just the way it is for too many people.

Yet those who do things for the sake of it, receiving back something no one can see. It is knowing that you didn't give up on someone and changed their lives. You didn't give up because you knew how they felt too.

I wouldn't be able to understand what survivors were going through with PTSD, if I didn't survive many times in my own life. I wouldn't have had a strong desire to learn what my husband was going through because he survived Vietnam, if I had lived through so many times, I wondered why I was not suffering as much as he was. Feeling what others feel, gives all of us a deeper understanding of what they need from us.

I take comfort knowing that whatever I'm going through, others did too. Whatever pain I feel, or loneliness, others felt that way too. I am not alone being left alone.

That is why today the featured video is Pink and Kelly Clarkson from the American Music Awards, Everybody Hurts.
"Everybody Hurts" 
When the day is long
And the night, the night is yours alone
When you're sure you've had enough
Of this life, well hang on 

Don't let yourself go
'Cause everybody cries
And everybody hurts sometimes 

Sometimes everything is wrong
Now it's time to sing along
When your day is night alone (Hold on, hold on)
If you feel like letting go (Hold on)
If you think you've had too much
Of this life, well hang on

'Cause everybody hurts
Take comfort in your friends
Everybody hurts
Don't throw your hand, oh no 

Don't throw your hand
If you feel like you're alone
No, no, no, you are not alone 

If you're on your own in this life
The days and nights are long
When you think you've had too much of this life to hang on

Well, everybody hurts sometimes
Everybody cries
And everybody hurts sometimes
And everybody hurts sometimes

So hold on, hold on
Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on
Everybody hurts 

No, no, no, no you are not alone

(AZ Lyrics)

The other one is Amy Grant Not Giving Up. I know I used this one a few days ago, but here it is again because I also take comfort knowing that while so many have walked away and given up on me, there are still some who have not given up on me...and they are a blessing in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it