Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Healing place and I want to get there

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
February 2, 2021

Want to be touched by the sun? Then learn from the greats! The ones who created the road to healing PTSD. Did you know that stated over 40 years ago? They are the ones I learned from and that is how you get there.

Today the featured video is Carly Simon, Touched By The Sun. In the video it shows a long, lonely road but she is on it because she wants to "get there" to be touched by the sun.

Do you want to get there too? To reach a place in the sunshine where your soul feels warm? A place where hope returns and loneliness ends? You'll get there if you have the desire to.

If you are online, on Facebook or in any of the groups dealing with PTSD, and you feel worse, you are in the wrong place. All the doom and gloom does you no good when you need to find hope. Callous responses like, "thoughts and prayers" or "God only gives us what we can handle" is more like a dagger to your soul.

You need to spend time learning the way I did, with experts and facts. While it is easier for you to find answers than it was for me, that is not necessarily a good thing. I had to go to the library and read clinical text books with a dictionary, Now all you need are a few key strokes. If you Google PTSD Support Groups you'll find almost 42 million results. You'd think with that many results, we'd have a much better outcome, but we don't. 


If you want to get out of the darkness, then get a road map first...then you'll get there. 

Remember, it is your life...get in and drive it!

#BreakTheSilence and #TakeBackYourLife from #PTSD

Touched By The Sun
Carly Simon

If you want to be brave
And reach for the top of the sky
And the farthest point on the horizon
Do you know who you'll meet there
Great soldiers and seafarers,
Artists and dreamers
Who need to be close, close to the light
They need to be in danger of burning by fire
And I, I want to get there
I, I want to be one
One who is touched by the sun,
One who is touched by the sun
Often I want to walk
The safe side of the street
And lull myself to sleep
And dull my pain
But deep down inside I know
I've got to learn from the greats,
Earn my right to be living,
Let my wings of desire
Soar over the night
I need to let them say
"She must have been mad"
And I, I want to get there
I, I want to be one
One who is touched by the sun,
One who is touched by the sun
I've got to learn from the greats,
Earn my right to be living,
With every breath that I take,
Every heartbeat
And I, I want to get there
I, I want to be one, One who is touched by the sun,
One who is touched by the sun.

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Carly Simon
Touched by the Sun lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

A along time ago, I used this song in a video for female veterans...

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it