Friday, February 5, 2021

don't regret what you did for love

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
February 5, 2021

There is something we haven't really covered enough on these daily videos. When you do something out of love, you should never regret it.
There are things in my life I do regret...usually it was about anger. When I acted out of anger, like we all do, it takes up a place in our soul until we ask for forgiveness and then, forgive ourselves. When we do things out of love, and then end up being hurt, that is hard to take.

When my ex-husband tried to kill me, I had to address a long list of things before I could heal. I thought I had to forgive myself for being a fool, loving the wrong person. I worked through that, but I still needed to do more. After a lot of work, I managed to forgive him.

I still wasn't right with it, so I tried to forgive myself all over again. Then it dawned on me that what I did, everything I did for my ex-husband, was the right thing to do. It was his fault he decided to betray that love and me, but it was not wrong for me to love.

After a lot of work, I was able to be ready for my current husband. We've been married over 36 years now. Had I not taken the steps to heal, I wouldn't have been able to love him as much as I do..

That is a lesson most people have to learn. Doing things based on love are never things to regret. Other people make the choices they do to use you or betray you. The thing is, if you don't act on love, then you will have regrets the rest of our life for not trying to do the right thing for the right reason.

Healing PTSD is a lot of work but once you understand how to live with your past and make peace with yourself, then you can move forward to "tomorrow" and be ready to live for love again.

Two videos featured today. One is Shirley Bassey, What I Did For Love and Alive Day with Donna Summer's Song I Will Live For Love.

I opened the garage door today so that you could see the snow coming down and a man stopped to ask me where an address was. Really funny considering I am always giving driving directions on PTSD Patrol. 

Remember, it is your life...get in and drive it!
#BreakTheSilence and #TakeBackYourLife from #PTSD



What I Did For Love
Shirley Bassey

Kiss today goodbye
The sweetness and the sorrow
Wish me luck, the same to you
But I can't regret
What I did for love, what I did for love
Look, my eyes are dry
The gift was ours to borrow
It's as if we always knew
And I won't forget what I did for love
What I did for love
Gone
Love is never gone
As we travel on
Love's what we'll remember
Kiss today goodbye
And point me toward tomorrow
We did what we had to do
Won't forget, can't regret
What I did for love
What I did for love
What I did for love
And I won't forget
What I did for love
Gone
Love is never gone
As we travel on
Love's what we'll remember
Kiss today goodbye
And point me toward tomorrow
We did what we had to do
Won't forget, can't regret
What I did for love
What I did for love
What I did for love
What I did for love

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Marvin Hamlisch / Edward Kleban
What I Did for Love lyrics © Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd., Concord Music Publishing LLC 
And for those who served this country they loved!

Alive Day
Kathie Costos
January 2, 2012
Coming home after combat should not be more dangerous but it is. Too many veterans committed suicide today. Be alive today to heal tomorrow. You served because you loved this country and those you served with. Live for love now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it