Sunday, February 21, 2021

Never thought I could feel so free

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
February 21, 2021

This isn't the message I planned on delivering today, but sometimes that happens. There are times when I'll be on Facebook and a friend had posted a music video that really hits me. Sometimes I'll hear a song on the radio, usually an oldie I hadn't heard for a while, and my mood totally changes. Today it was a commercial on TV with using a theme song from The Greatest American Hero, Believe It Or Not.

Music does have the power to change our moods. It can lift us up when we're down, or just comfort us enough so we don't feel alone anymore. This is why I use music videos. Back in 2006 when I did the first video on PTSD Wounded Minds, I used several songs.



Back then, this one and many others were over 10,000 views but YouTube blocked the music. There wasn't much point leaving them up without the songs. I moved them to Great Americans. By the time I finally had one of the accounts where YouTube would allow use of music, most people had forgotten about the work I did six years before that. 

The message has always been the same because I believed if people knew what PTSD was, how much power they did have over their lives, they would start to heal. I wanted to change the conversation away from doom and gloom, the way music changed my moods.

Healing feels a lot like walking on air! People are shocked when they discover how free they feel when all they thought was that suffering was the only thing in front of them. Now you are learning that you are on the road to healing and your destination is a happier life!

Remember, it is your life...get in and drive it!
#BreakTheSilence and #TakeBackYourLife from #PTSD

Believe It or Not
Joey Scarbury

(Theme Greatest American Hero)

Look at what's happened to me
I can't believe it myself
Suddenly I'm up on top of the world
It should have been somebody else
Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me
Just like the light of a new day
It hit me from out of the blue
Breaking me out of the spell I was in
Making all of my wishes come true
Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me
This is too good to be true
Look at me falling for you
Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me
Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me
Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Michael Postil / Stephen G Geyer
Believe It or Not lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Warner Chappell Music, Inc, Wixen Music Publishing 

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it