Sunday, July 12, 2020

PTSD Patrol new mission has old reason

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
July 12, 2020

If you want to know why I gave up working with veterans and started working with everyone dealing with #PTSD it is because of stories like this. "Master Sgt. Andrew 'Andy' Christian Marckesano served 6 full tours in Afghanistan with the 82nd Airborne and the Ranger regiment" and committed suicide because he did not get the help he needed to heal from all that.

There are at least 8 million Americans with PTSD but few groups are doing anything about them suffering. Too many are focusing on "suicide awareness" for veterans, but again, not providing the help or knowledge they need to stay alive. It is so easy to talk about "doing something" but sometimes, it is actually worse than nothing. Master Sgt. Marckesano, should still be alive and he probably would have been if he could have found those who were willing to help him.

I was tired of competing with the groups getting in the way of that after dedicating 38 years of my life to that cause. Having survived traumatic events at least 10 times, I felt I had more to contribute to those who have been forgotten...average citizens and people working on the front lines trying to make a difference.
From my other site Wounded Times
I ask for no money and gave up my tax exempt. All I ask is that if you find someone, or you need help, know there is someone like me out there to help you find the way to living a happier life. #breakthesilence and #takebackyourlife from #PTSD

I know what PTSD does and I know how to take away the power it has over survivors. I have seen the worst outcomes, but have seen far too many victories to know how important it is to continue to do this work.
“Imagine how many suicide victims would still be with us, if only the right person said the right thing at the right time.”
― Wayne Gerard Trotman
There won't be a video today. Trying to do an uplifting message after all this, is not going to happen today. Back in operation tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it