Friday, April 2, 2021

When PTSD is trying to run your life...crush it!

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
April 2, 2021

Did you know that PTSD will keep controlling your life until you do? That's right! You can crush it if you decide that it doesn't get to control you anymore and #TakeBackYourLife from PTSD!

Today the featured video is Sunshine by Jonathan Edwards because PTSD wants you to tell the sunshine to just go away. It doesn't want any light to enter into your life, it wants you do stay miserable. 

One of the lines is, "he's got cards he ain't showing" and that is the secret of defeating PTSD. It has a weaker hand than it wants you to think it does. You have been led to think he has all the Aces, but they are all still in the deck and waiting for you to find them.

As soon as you start to talk about it, start to fight to find hope and let it begin to fill you up again, it starts to get crushed. The more you heal, the more it gets pushed out of your life.

Consider Lt. Justin Jensen as a reason to get help and take control over your own life.  He tried different things, after he stopped trying to deny he needed help and then didn't give up on finding what worked for him!
Lt. Justin Jensen pauses for a portrait while talking about his bouts with post traumatic stress disorder March 3 at the Burley Fire Department. Jensen recently received a firefighter of the year award. 'I was a ticking time bomb with a short fuse that had been lit and then re-lit,' he said.
DREW NASH, TIMES-NEWS

Triumphing over PTSD: Burley firefighter wins Firefighter of the Year award
Magic Valley
Laurie Welch
34 min ago

Justin Jensen felt stunned when he was named Firefighter of Year by the Professional Fire Fighters of Idaho after spending the past year clashing with demons brought to life by post-traumatic stress disorder.

“It’s our most prestigious award that recognizes one of our own,” Rob Shoplock, a firefighter with the Eagle Fire Department and vice president of the firefighters’ union. As vice president, Shoplock lobbies for industry changes with state lawmakers.

The organization presented the award to Jensen on Feb. 22 during a virtual conference.

The award left the 44-year-old Burley man feeling emotional, overwhelmed and without words, something he said he hopes to remedy with a speech during next year’s conference.
read more here

Remember, it is your life...get in and drive it!
Justin tried to get help to heal and found it. So can you!

Sunshine
Jonathan Edwards 

Sunshine go away today
I don't feel much like dancing
Some man's gone, he's tried to run my life
Don't know what he's asking
He tells me I'd better get in line
Can't hear what he's saying
When I grow up I'm going to make it mine
But these aren't dues I been paying
How much does it cost, I'll buy it
The time is all we've lost, I'll try it
But he can't even run his own life
I'll be damned if he'll run mine, Sunshine
Sunshine go away today
I don't feel much like dancing
Some man's gone he's tried to run my life
Don't know what he's asking
Working starts to make me wonder where
The fruits of what I do are going
He says in love and war all is fair
But he's got cards he ain't showing
How much does it cost, I'll buy it
The time is all we've lost, I'll try it
But he can't even run his own life
I'll be damned if he'll run mine, Sunshine
Sunshine come on back another day
I promise you I'll be singing
This old world, she's gonna turn around
Brand new bells'll be ringing

Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Jonathan Edwards
Sunshine lyrics © Castle Hill Publishing Ltd., Castle Hill Publishing Ltd 

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it