Monday, January 25, 2021

Learn to not give up on you

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
January 25, 2021

How many times have people judged you wrongly? How many walked away from you instead of standing by your side? How many people just gave up on you? It happens all the time. I know it has happened most of the time in my life. The thing is, I wasn't going to let them make me give up on myself.

The best revenge against people like that is to recover, heal and thrive. The only way that happens is if you don't give up on yourself.
There are not many people watching these videos and that is OK. I am used to not getting much support. Instead of helping me, most of the people I knew either walked away from me or used me, but none of them stopped me from being "me" all the time.

I had to convince myself that I was worth my time and energy, even if I wasn't worth theirs. That is why today the featured video is Amy Grant, Not Giving Up On You.

If you don't have anyone in your life saying they are not giving up on you, then look in the mirror and say it to yourself. If people do not see you are worth it, then see it in yourself. Don't let them stop you from being your best.

The thing is, the best revenge against all those who made you feel like you should just crawl into a hole, is to be happy with yourself. That is something they will never really know.

Remember, it is your life...get in and drive it!
#BreakTheSilence and #TakeBackYourLife from #PTSD


If you think you're gonna fail
Well, you're probably gonna fail
So tell me, what was all the dreaming for?
And if you think you're gonna lose
Well, you're probably gonna lose
So what's the point in trying anymore?
What you're looking for, you'll find
It happens every time
I'm not giving up,
Not giving up on you
You can say you've had enough
But I won't stop calling,
I'm not giving up,
Not giving up on you
Not giving up on you
When your fragile heart is breaking
And your confidence is shaken
I can tell you that we've all been there before
The first step is hard to take
But it's a choice you gotta make
When life is waiting through that open door
I wish that you could see
The way you look to me
I'm not giving up,
Not giving up on you
You can say you've had enough
But I won't stop calling,
I'm not giving up,
Not giving up on you
Not giving up on you
Oh, not so long ago,
You pulled me through
So I'm not giving up,
Not giving up on you
Even if the rain comes down
And your sky is falling
I'm not giving up,
Not giving up on you
You can say you've had enough
But I won't stop calling,
I'm not giving up,
Not giving up on you
You know we can work this out
If we just keep talking
I'm not giving up,
Not giving up on you
Not giving up on you
Cause is you think you have a chance
Then you really have a chance
I hope you know that I believe in you

Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Luke Robert Laird / Amy Lee Grant / Marshall Noah Altman / Molly Elizabeth Reed
Not Giving Up lyrics © Warner-tamerlane Publishing Corp., Universal Music - Careers, Made For This Music, Razor And Tie Music Publishing, Songs Of The Galt Line 

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it