Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Who are you to you?

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
January 26, 2021

When you think about yourself, what do tell yourself? What are you to you? What do you think of yourself? What do you think your faults are and what are your qualities? If you don't know yourself, then how could anyone else really know you?

I am a wife, mother, dog-Mom, advocate, writer, fighter, and I don't give up. I am a Christian who takes the words of Jesus seriously and know it is not my job to judge anyone but myself. My flaws begin with a hot temper I constantly have to keep in check for several reasons but the biggest one is I am a Chaplain. Another flaw is I don't quit so that leads to problems when I need figure out if something is worth fighting for or not, because I'd be fighting too many battles and winning none them. That lesson I had to learn the hard way. I do judge the actions of others and have to pray hard to be able to forgive them....but usually I do. The list goes on but would take too long to list.

Today, there are two different videos with the title I Am. One is Popeye. "I am what I am" and he was fine with it. Sure he had flaws but all of us do. (There is also a bonus on this one since I loved Robin Williams.)

BONUS

What do you think about yourself? Make a list with what your flaws are first. Then make a list on your qualities next to it. After that, add in what goals you have for yourself and what are the possibilities for your future. 

Work on what you can change and then acknowledge what you cannot change so that you can keep it in check...like I do with my temper.

The second video on I AM is about a solid relationship with someone who does understand everything we are, as much as He knew who we were, and what we can be.

When I was trying to heal from multiple traumas in my own life, faith was my fuel and I knew I was not alone. It made it easier to talk to other people.



I Am
David Crowder

There's no space that His love can't reach
There's no place that we can't find peace
There's no end to Amazing Grace
Take me in with your arms spread wide
Take me in like an orphan child
Never let go, never leave my side
I am
Holding on to You
I am
Holding on to You
In the middle of the storm
I am holding on
I am!
Love like this, oh my God to find!
I am overwhelmed what a joy divine!
Love like this sets our hearts on fire!
I am
Holding on to You
I am
Holding on to You
In the middle of the storm
I am holding on
I am!
I am
Holding on to You
I am
Holding on to You
In the middle of the storm
I am holding on
I am!
This is my resurrection song
This is my Hallelujah come
This is why to You I run
This is my resurrection song
This is my Hallelujah come
This is why to You I run
There's no space that His love can't reach
There's no place that we can't find peace
There's no end to Amazing Grace
I am
Holding on to You
I am
Holding on to You
In the middle of the storm
I am holding on
I am
Holding on to You
I am
Holding on to You
In the middle of the storm
I am holding on
I am
Holding on to You
I am
Holding on to You
In the middle of the storm
I am holding on
I am!
I am
In the middle of the storm
I am holding on
I am!

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Ed Cash / David Crowder
I Am lyrics © Capitol Christian Music Group 

Reminder if you think God did it to you, He didn't.
I am not sure why this ended up being restricted but it is a message that should not be... This is the message!
There is suddenly a lot of talk about "moral injury" and combat PTSD. It is survivor's guilt adding to what is known as PTSD but unlike other causes of PTSD, this one is harder to heal from. The good news is, you were not judged by God but He has put what you need to heal already in your soul. It is my job to connect you to it again. Contact PTSD Patrol to #TakeBackYourLife from #PTSD

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it