Wednesday, August 12, 2020

PTSD Patrol: It is like "Katniss going into the Hunger Games"

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
August 12, 2020

Today's feature video is Janet Seahorn, Ph.D talking about what PTSD is with a personal connection to it...her Vietnam Veteran husband and living with PTSD.

Knowing what that is like, it is with pleasure I listened to this. All too often when we are a family member, we feel alone, as if there is no help for us. I used to feel that way for a long time.

In researching it I discovered years ago, I very well could have ended up with raging PTSD from being a survivor of over ten events. The more I understood my husband, the more I understood how important it was to #takebackyourlife because I did and he is too!

Today's feature video is Janet Seahorn PhD who is also married to a Vietnam VET. She covers what PTSD is for everyone including those who live with them. It is educational and comforting, plus she shows her sense of humor with "I feel like Katniss going into the Hunger Games."

#BreakTheSilence and #TakeBackYourLife from #PTSD

"I feel like Katniss going into the Hunger Games!"
Janet Seahorn


Understanding PTSD's Effects on Brain, Body, and Emotions | Janet Seahorn
PTSD disrupts the lives of average individuals as well as combat veterans who have served their country. The person experiencing the trauma often then impacts the lives of his/her family, friends, and workplaces. PTSD does not distinguish between race, age or gender and often goes undiagnosed. Even with proper diagnosis, many individuals do not know where to turn to get help. Society needs to understand the aftermath of trauma especially combat trauma and how to prepare for warriors when they return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it