Saturday, October 17, 2020

PTSD Patrol breaking the sound of silence

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
October 17, 2020

"Hello darkness my old friend" begins the song, the Sound of Silence, and that is why it is today's feature video. PTSD is like having a bad old friend. Sure you know it well enough but that does not mean you are supposed to be happy to see it.

"I've come to talk with you again" but not really. More like it came to talk to you again when you are having a bad day, or some trigger set off a flashback.

"Because a vision softly creeping left its seeds while I was sleeping, and the vision that was planted in my brain still remains" and you can become afraid to speak about it. Then you live "within the sound of silence."

This version is with Pentatonix. Powerful, beautiful voices. joining together, side by side. That is what healing is like. Using your powerful, beautiful voice to talk about it so that others can heal side-by-side, supporting one another and gaining strength from each other.

#BreakTheSilence and #TakeBackYourLife from #PTSD and then share your journey so others may find the power to end their own sound of silence to help others heal too!

[OFFICIAL VIDEO] The Sound of Silence - Pentatonix



Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence
In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence
And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence
"Fools, " said I, "You do not know
Silence, like a cancer, grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you"
But my words, like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells, of silence
And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said, "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls"
And whispered in the sounds of silence



Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Paul Simon
The Sound of Silence lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group 

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it