Saturday, October 24, 2020

PTSD Patrol "If I Could"

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
October 24, 2020

When your child is suffering, it breaks your heart. It doesn't matter how old they are, they always your child. The worst thing is when you feel helpless. You want to help but you don't know what is eating at them. You want to listen but they are holding back what is causing them pain.

Maybe they don't want to worry you or disappoint you. Then again, the pain may be so deep, they don't know how to put it into words.

Too many Moms I have talked to over the years said the things that are in today's feature video, after the child they loved committed suicide. That pain for them never ends. The questions never end because the only person who could answer them, decided to leave without answering.

"If I Could" was written by Barbra Streisand for her son, and the lyrics explain what Moms want to tell their children, no matter how old they are.

If you are worried but they will not open up to you, then send them the link to the song to let them know you are there for them no mater what it is.

#BreakTheSilence and tell them they can #TakeBackYourLife to heal.



Regina Belle- If I Could (1996) 
If I could
I'd protect you from the sadness in your eyes
Give you courage in a world of compromise
Yes, I would
If I could
I would teach you all the things I never learned
And I'd help you cross the bridges that I burned
Yes, I would
If I could
I would try to shield your innocence from time
But the part of life I gave you isn't mine
I watched you grow
So I could let you go
If I could
I would help you make it through the hungry years
But I know that I can never cry your tears
But I would
If I could
If I live
In a time and place
Where you don't want to be
You don't have to walk along this road with me
My yesterday
Won't have to be your way
If I knew
I'd have tried to change the world I brought you to
Through there wasn't very much that I could do
But I still would
If I could
If, if I could
I would try to shield your innocence from time
But the part of life I gave you isn't mine.
I watched you grow
So I could let you go
If I could
I would help you make it through the hungry years
But I know that I can never cry your tears
But I would
If I could
Yes, I would
Yes, I would
If I could

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Kenneth Hirsch / Ron Miller / Marti Sharron / Kenny Hirsch / Ronald Norman Miller 

If I Could lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it