Friday, October 9, 2020

PTSD Patrol he ain't heavy

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
October 9, 2020

Today the feature video is the Hollies, He Ain't Heavy...He's my brother. The song is about taking care of someone who matters to you. That is what friends are supposed to do for one another. Sharing burdens, as much as they are share joys. When you have PTSD, it can be hard at times to open up and ask for help, even when you are with someone you trusted to a point. Just remember that if they really are your friend, they will listen, support you, and do whatever they can to help you on your road to recovery. It doesn't have to be such a lonely road for you. By now you should know enough about PTSD to be able to explain it to someone who does not know what it is.Trust they enough to ask for help and ask them to just listen. Real friends always will. #BreakTheSilence and #TakeBackYourLife from #PTSD



The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows where
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother
So on we go
His welfare is of my concern
No burden is he to bear
We'll get there
For I know
He would not encumber me
He ain't heavy, he's my brother
If I'm laden at all
I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another
It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share
And the load
Doesn't weigh me down at all
He ain't heavy he's my brother
He's my brother
He ain't heavy, he's my brother, he ain't heavy

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Bob Russell / Bobby Scott 

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it