Thursday, October 22, 2020

PTSD Patrol Respect Yourself

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
October 22, 2020

RESPECT YOURSELF is the message of today and the feature video. That is something I had to learn the hard way. In June, I freed myself from all constraints that limited what I could do and say. I stopped trying to prove myself to the veterans community after 38 years of fighting to deliver messages of healing and knowledge about what power they had over PTSD. It became one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

My buddy Gunny and I were talking yesterday and he said he couldn't believe how much I've changed...how much happier I come across on these videos. He's right. People noticed that I learned to respect myself to the point where I was tired of not respecting all I had to give.

If you have PTSD, the chances are pretty great that you lost a lot along the way. Maybe you lost family and friends who turned their backs on you when you were clearly in need of help. Maybe you walked away because you didn't want them to see you as someone to pitty. The thing is, the price you were paying as being a survivor, would have been so much easier to carry if you had people standing by your side. Unfortunatly, that is the way it is most of the time because people cannot open their eyes, or become invested in discovering why you changed. Even if they were, then you were probably limited on what you could explain to them. You'd think with over 8 million Americans going through this, there would be a lot more information to help you do it, but there isn't.

Set all that in your rearview mirror now because you are moving forward. The past is behind you and it is time to learn how to respect yourself. Take a look at all your qualities and abilities. Look at your weaknesses and see what you can do to change them, even if you cannot get rid of them. For me, that is my temper. I have to work on that all the time, but I manage to keep it in control most of the time.

It is time for you to be true to yourself, but the only way to do that is to respect yourself enough to know you are worthy of it! Life is full of surprises when you reach that point and you can end up a lot happier too. If you don't believe how much I've changed, take a look at some of my older videos that I shot down in Florida and see what is poaaible!

#BreakTheSilence and #TakeBackYourLife from #PTSD



Yes this is Bruce Willis and he sings in this video~

If you disrespect anybody that you run in to
How in the world do you think anybody's s'posed to respect you
If you don't give a heck 'bout the man with the bible in his hand, y'all
Just get out the way, and let the gentleman do his thing
You the kind of gentleman that want everything your way, yeah
Take the sheet off your face, boy, it's a brand new day
Respect yourself, respect yourself, respect yourself, respect yourself
If you don't respect yourself
Ain't nobody gonna give a good cahoot, na na na na
Respect yourself, respect yourself, respect yourself, respect yourself
If you're walking 'round think'n that the world owes you something 'cause you're here
You goin' out the world backwards like you did when you first come here yeah
Keep talkin' bout the president, won't stop air pollution
Put your hand on your mouth when you cough, that'll help the solution
Oh, you cuss around women and you don't even know their names, no
Then you're dumb enough to think that'll make you a big ol' man
Respect yourself, respect yourself, respect yourself, respect yourself
If you don't respect yourself
Ain't nobody gonna give a good cahoot, na na na na
Respect yourself, respect yourself, respect yourself, respect yourself
Respect yourself, respect yourself, respect yourself, respect yourself
Respect yourself, yeah yeah respect yourself, respect yourself yeah, respect yourself
You oughta you oughta respect yourself yeah, respect yourself

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Luther Thomas Ingram / Mack Rice
Respect Yourself lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group
Bruce Willis and June Pointer - Respect Yourself (1987)

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it