Monday, October 26, 2020

PTSD Patrol when it isn't the way it should be

PTSD Patrol
Kathie Costos
October 26, 2020

Music has the ability to change the mood we are in. It also has the ability to trigger memories. That happened to me earlier today when I heard "Heaven Knows" by Donna Summer.

"I'm not talking just for play, listen to me please
Heaven knows it's not the way it should be and
Heaven knows it's not the way it could be and
Don't you know there's no need to leave"

That is a message we all need to learn. Suffering after surviving is not part of the deal. Being so miserable that you regret you lived, is not part of the deal. It isn't the way it should be and not the way it could be.

If you are suffering learn that you are only limited by what you are willing to accept. If someone you love is suffering, then you want them to be happy but wishing won't make it happen. Waiting for a miracle won't happen unless you accept the miracle that already happened and that is that they are still alive. They made it through something you may never understand. Value that miracle and then do what so many other miracles have provided for you to learn from.

PTSD researchers dedicated their lives to understanding what traumatic events do to people. That research has been going on for over 40 years. Their work is how I understood what being a survivor did to me as much as I understood what being a survivor did to my husband, but the power of that knowledge only came when I was made aware that no one is stuck suffering. Miracles happen with this all the time as long as you are not willing to settle or just walk away from someone you love...or someone who loves you!

#BreakTheSilence and #TakeBackYourLife from #PTSD



Baby please, please don't take your love from me
I am yours forever more, 'till eternity
Silently, listen to the words I say
I'm not talking just for play, listen to me please
Heaven knows it's not the way it should be and
Heaven knows it's not the way it could be and
Don't you know there's no need to leave
Heaven knows I never wanna leave you
Heaven knows I only wanna please you
Don't you know love is what I need
Down inside, don't get caught with foolish pride
Put all the other things aside, there's only you and me
Believe in us, we were always meant to be
Me for you and you for me, 'till eternity
Heaven knows it's not the way it should be and
Heaven knows it's not the way it could be and
Don't you know there's no need to leave
Heaven knows I only wanna love you
Heaven knows I never wanna lose you
Don't you know love is meant to be
Heaven knows it's not the way it should be
Heaven knows stop with the pretending
Come on now, hear me when I cry

Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Pete Bellotte / Giorgio Moroder / Donna Summer / G. Mathieson / Julian Lamadrid Manon / Jackson Hirsh
Heaven Knows lyrics © Warner-tamerlane Publishing Corp., Sweet Summer Night Music, Rick's Music, Inc., Rick's Music Inc 

No comments:

Post a Comment

guide to take back our life

June 26, 2021 The new site for PTSD Patrol  is up and running. New blog posts will begin there on June 27, 2021. This site will remain up.

PTSD Patrol

PTSD Patrol
It is your life, get in and drive it